13.8.10

Oliver Gustav

I haven´t had much time for Koolandkreativ lately and am loving being back, browsing blogs and websites for inspirations. A very talented friend gave me a hint about florist Oliver Gustav recently. I remembered seeing these images by photographer Bjarni B. Jacobsen in Elle Decoration UK not too long ago but also had the privilege of seeing some unpublished images that absolutely took my breath away....more of that (perhaps) later;-)
Oliver lives and runs his business in an old distillery in central Copenhagen and now I can´t wait to visit his shop. Oliver´s very distinctive style is a mix of antique and industrial furniture, knick-knacks, plants and flowers, a style that Oliver has said is inspired by the Clignancourt flea market in Paris, probably the largest antique market in the world and one of my favorite haunts when I lived in Paris about 15 years ago. Oliver used to work for Day Birger et Mikkelsen fashion house as a creative director and has a fantastic talent for making beautiful still-life compositions although you might not see that talent shine through well enough in these images.  

No comments: